As part of the Keep ‘Em Together, KC initiative, KC Pet Project occasionally provides financial assistance for public, owned animals through private donations and grant funding to help keep pets in their homes and with their families.
The Pet Care Assistance Program is made possible by the generosity of private donations and grant funding. Applications are reviewed and financial assistance awarded on a case-by-case basis. Approval for the Pet Care Assistance Program is not guaranteed. Only complete applications will be considered for assistance. Upon submitting a completed application, it may take up to 72 hours for an application to be approved.
Pet Care Assistance Program Eligibility
Reasons acceptable for participation in the Pet Care Assistance Program include, but are not limited to:
- The owner otherwise cannot afford to pay the full cost of fees to reclaim their pet from KC Pet Project.
- The owner otherwise cannot afford to pay the full cost for medical care and/or treatment of their pet due to an illness or injury. ($500 maximum)
- The owner otherwise cannot afford to pay the full cost for a required pet deposit or pet rent. ($500 maximum)
Pet Care Assistance Program Qualifications:
- Applicants must be Kansas City, Missouri, residents – proof of residency may be required.
- Animals must be spayed/neutered and microchipped. If the animals do not meet these qualifications, the Applicant may need to authorize the services for approval.
- Applicants must provide all requested documentation including vaccination records, medical information, care information, and/or estimates for care or medication(s).