With warmer temperatures moving into the area this week, KC Pet Project’s Animal Services Division would like to issue the following tips to keep your pets safe:
- Make sure your pet has proper shelter from the elements, like a dog house or a shaded area
- If you can, bring your pet inside. If inside is unfamiliar to your pet, have a crate or kennel in the home or secure them in a room.
- Do not leave your pet in the car – please leave them at home.
- Make sure your pet always has fresh water.
- Have a collar and identification tag on your pet at all times, and if they are microchipped, make sure your information is up-to-date.
- If your pet becomes lost, please come to the shelter to see if your pet is there. For information on Lost and Found pet resources, visit our Lost and Found page.
KC Pet Project’s Animal Services team will be working around the clock to help animals in need. Adequate shelter means a structurally sound, properly ventilated, sanitary and weatherproof shelter suitable for the species, condition, and age of the animal which provides access to shade from direct sunlight and regress from exposure to inclement weather conditions. If you see an animal in distress, contact our Animal Services team by dialing 311 or 816-513-1313. For more information on Animal Services, including contact information, visit this page.
KC Pet Project’s Pet Helpline is open daily and can answer any questions or provide helpful tips. Please dial 816-683-1383 to reach our Pet Support Team.