We are currently hiring for a number of positions at our locations around the metro area.
Want to work for one of the most progressive, effective, and innovative no-kill animal shelters in the country? Do you believe in “Solutions, Not Excuses” when it comes to saving the lives of over 10,000 from our community? Join our team!
- Winner of the Petco Foundation’s national 2018 Unsung Hero Award for our Director of Shelter Operation’s lifesaving work in our shelter’s parvovirus and panleukopenia ward.
- Winner of a 2018 Maddie’s Hero Award from Maddies’ Fund for our CEO & Chief Lifesaving Officer, Teresa Johnson.
- Winner of the first ever Paul Jolly Compassion Award in 2014 from the Petco Foundation for our compassion for animals that made a lifesaving difference in our community.
- Winner of the ASPCA’s Community Engagement Award for 2014 as the shelter who best engaged their community in saving lives.
- Named as Kansas City’s Best Nonprofit and Best Place to Adopt a Pet.
- Made history in Kansas City by officially achieving “No-Kill” status within 6 months of taking over operations of the city’s municipal shelter in 2012 – becoming the 3rd largest open admission, No-Kill animal shelter in the United States, and creating the largest (and only open admission) No-Kill municipal animal shelter in the State of Missouri.
And we’re just getting started! Our new state-of-the-art 54,000 sq. ft. Kansas City Campus for Animal Care – home to KC Pet Project – is currently under construction in Kansas City (scheduled to open in late 2019) located in Swope Park adjacent to the Kansas City Zoo, Starlight Amphitheater, and Lakeside Nature Center.