A squad that feeds kittens together, saves lives together.
Bottle Baby Squad is a dedicated group of volunteers who will never let a bottle baby kitten stay in the shelter overnight. Think of it as a phone tree program for baby kittens! We often have kittens who arrive at our shelter after 4:00pm and must go into a foster home overnight to be fed every few hours. As a Bottle Baby Squad member, you will be in a contact group that will be alerted when these kittens come in so they do not spend the night in the shelter. These are some of our most critical care pets and we depend on you to help us save them. As a Bottle Baby Squad member, here is the information that you will agree to:
- Kitten(s) must be fed and pottied every 4 hours.
- You will monitor them overnight for any health concerns.
- Kitten(s) may be returned the next morning to go into foster homes.
- Squad members will also keep a kit of supplies at their homes for bottle feeders in a pinch. Supplies are provided by the shelter
- You will help us save so many lives when these animals critically need care.
To sign up, fill out the Foster Cat Sign Up. If you have already filled out the form, please email Stephanie.Bell@kcmo.org.
Can’t join the squad? Help us stock our pantry by providing these supplies for our foster families:
- KMR Kitten Formula
- Canned Kitten Food (Nutro brand preferred)
- Unscented, clumping litter
- Miracle Nipples
- Amazon Gift Cards
Donations may be dropped off at any of our locations or purchased from our Amazon Wish List.