The holiday weekend is just around the corner! So, we’ve got some pet safety tips to ensure that your pet can have a stress-free 4th of July.
- Keep your pets away from fireworks. They can be loud, scary, and dangerous for any pet to be around.
- If your pet is afraid of thunderstorms and fireworks, leave your pet inside during any festivities in an interior room of the house. Leave a TV or radio on for white noise.
- Make sure your animal is always wearing an ID tag and collar, even if they are an indoor-only animal. If you do not have a pet ID tag, we’ll be selling them in our retail store for a discount during the week leading up to the 4th of July.
- Have your pet microchipped and make sure all their information is up-to-date.
- It’s expected to be hot out on the 4th of July – leave your pets at home for any outdoor activities or events planned.
- Stop by our KCPP Retail Store and pick up some of our brand new calming products. We have treats and dental chews designed for alleviating stress, and ThunderShirts.
If you find a lost pet on the 4th of July:
- Walk around your neighborhood to see if you can locate the owner.
- Post on Facebook, Next Door, and in any neighborhood group you’re in help locate the owner.
- Review our Found Pet Resources for additional tips on what to do if you find a pet.
If your pet becomes lost on the 4th of July:
- Please review our Lost Pet Resources for steps to take if your pet becomes lost around the 4th of July.
- Make sure you have a recent photo of your animal handy in case they do escape to help identify them.
See our previous new stories: