Starting this Thursday, June 4th, if you are interested in meeting a pet at the KC Campus for Animal Care, you will no longer be required to make an appointment. We are receiving around 30 new pets every day and have a lot of wonderful dogs and cats looking for homes at the campus. Once you arrive at the campus:
– The door to the south entrance will still be locked and you will call a number to speak with a staff member about who you would like to meet.
– You’ll then be paired up with a team member to look at dogs or cats once staff is available to assist you.
– We kindly ask that you wear a mask while inside the shelter and maintain social distancing at all times. We can provide a mask to you if you do not have one.
– Our retail store and coffee shop will both be open during normal business hours.
– If you have an appointment already scheduled, you do not have to wait until your scheduled time.
If you are interested in meeting a pet in a foster home, you may still follow the same process by emailing us at Foster@kcpetproject.org. We thank you for your patience as we continue to adapt our policies and you can see all of our adoptable pets on our website at www.kcpetproject.org.