With the city starting to reopen and businesses going back to work, we thought we would give you an update on our plan for the foreseeable future:
- At this moment, adoptions will remain the same as we have been doing for the past month. All of our available pets are now living in foster homes and you can email us at [email protected] to get the process started to meet a pet or get more information.
- Our campus doors will remain locked and any visitors will have to call the number posted on the doors to come inside the building.
- At this time, our Zona Rosa and Petco Adoption Centers will remain closed and we will not have available cats at any Petco Cat Habitat locations. We will update everyone when this changes.
- We are still accepting in-kind donations at our campus location, and you can drop them off at a table in front of our south entrance. We are still not accepting household items at this time or opened bags of food. You can see our approved list of items here or shop directly from our Amazon wish list.
- Our special hours of operation will remain the same for now. The Roasterie at KCCAC is still open for window pickups from 8am-4pm Monday-Saturday and 9am-4pm on Sundays.
- Anyone who finds a stray in Kansas City, MO can see our Admissions hours here, and if you find a stray, you are encouraged to take these steps before coming to the shelter.
- We are working with a reduced staff at the campus with many members of our team still working from home. Volunteers are still limited to at-home opportunities.
- We will start to resume spay/neuter surgeries next week. Any pets who have been adopted or are in foster that are not yet altered will be scheduled to come back over the next 2-8 weeks.
We will continue with this plan until further notice and will have all updates posted on our Coronavirus page on our website. We thank you for your support of our organization and our pets during this time!